Concept Artist San Francisco, CA
Christopher Bonura is originally from northern New Jersey where he grew up on a diet of monsters and muscle cars. Upon High school graduation he moved to San Francisco to pursue his passion for Entertainment Design in Film. It was there that he attained a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 3D Modeling/Entertainment Design at the Academy of Art University. Shortly after graduating he became a concept artist at a small game company. Since then he has worked on such films as Star Wars: Episode Vll - The Force Awakens, Transformers 4: Age of Extinction and Star Trek: Into Darkness to name a few.
He feels fortunate to be where he is today as a person and an artist. Along his endeavors he has met many other great artists within the industry and looks forward to what the future holds for him.
Linden Lab, Aug 2015- present
SENIOR CONCEPT ARTIST
Establishing the look of a new open world game using VR. Responsible for Hard Surface/Vehicle design, Prop Design, and Environments.
Industrial Light & Magic, Oct 2013- Aug 2015
JUNIOR CONCEPT ARTIST
Responsible for Hard Surface/Vehicle design, Prop Design, and Environments.
. FILMS WORKED ON
•Avengers 2: Age of Ultron
•Star Wars:Episode Vll – The Force Awakens
•Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
•Transformers: Age of Extinction
•Unannounced Disney theme park ride
Industrial Light & Magic, Oct 2011- 2013
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT in the art department at
FILMS WORKED ON
• Star Trek 2
• Pacific Rim
• The Avengers
Nintendo / PLAY, A Video Game Symphony, May 2011 – June 2011
FREELANCE CONCEPT ARTIST
• Created concept art and Illustrations for Zelda 25th anniversary.
Whiskytree Inc, Jan 2011 – April 2011
APPRENTICE CONCEPT ARTIST
• Assist in the creation of digital matte paintings for Marvel’s Thor feature.
• Created concept art, 2D paintings, textures, 3D models, lighting, and scene layout.
Robert Zemekis’ ImageMovers Digital, June 2009 – Dec 2010
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT in the art department (under the direct supervision of Doug Chiang)
• Created prop concept art and environmental architecture for Mars Needs Moms
• Designed characters, and textures for The Beatles A Yellow Submarine
• Created creature and vehicle concepts for unannounced project
• Assisted with practical card and model making
• Project based research and archiving of reference
• Prepare monthly videos showcasing current projects to be screened for all employees
• Provided administrative support for the art department
FILMS WORKED ON
• Disney’s A Christmas Carol
• Mars Needs Moms (currently in production)
• The Beatles A Yellow Submarine (currently in pre-production)
• Untitled feature pitch material for Steve Starkey and writer Daniel DeJesus
(created key frames, environment and character concepts)
Totally Games, May 2006 – August 2008
CONCEPT ARTIST (Intern from May 2006 – August 2006)
• Character, creature, prop, environment and weapons concepts
• UI concepts and creation
• 3D modeling and texturing
• Alien Syndrome (Publisher SEGA, for Wii and PSP)
• Dora Saves the Mermaids (Publisher Nickelodeon and 2K)
• Out of the Chute: Professional Bull Riding (Publisher Crave Entertainment)
• The Cisco Mind Share Game (Publisher Cisco)
FINE ART SKILLS
Conceptual Design. Maquette Sculpture. Digital Imaging. 3D Modeling & Texturing.
Maya. Modo. 3D Studio Max. Adobe Photoshop. Adobe After Affects.
• Excellent communication skills
• Work well as a team player or independently
• Advanced organizational skills
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks while maintaining quality
• Superior research skills
Conceptart.org/Massive Black’s Atelier School, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Academy of Art University
BFA in Illustration, August 2006
San Francisco, CA